Our client is an international financial services provider, with its roots in the Netherlands. From their cooperative basis, they connect people and share knowledge. They are active in the fields of banking, asset management, leasing, insurance and real estate. In the Netherlands, the emphasis is on broad financial services. Internationally, our client focuses primarily on the food and agribusiness.
As a Finance & Risk data analyst you are responsible in the External Reporting & Management Accounting department for providing reliable financial information for the internal organization. Figures are analyzed from different sources and processed in dashboards. Your work also forms the foundation on which senior management makes decisions.
The requirements of supervisors and the internal organization are changing rapidly. This means that the finance function is also in transition. Where the emphasis was traditionally placed on producing reports, it slowly shifts to the directing of data streams and the monitoring of data quality.
Within a reporting team you collect data from different sources and perform checks and data validations. If you find inconsistencies or errors, you return to the supplying party to find a solution. Once the data is complete and correct, you prepare the financial reports about an entity. Then you examine the largest shifts in the figures. On the one hand, you determine whether these are right and right, on the other hand you are looking for an explanation for this. After delivery of the figures, the emphasis is on other activities, such as participation in projects, making process descriptions and implementing process improvements.
The way in which you make a contribution to the changes, you have a big part in your own hands. You have the right skills, such as knowledge of financial products and affinity with IT. But also soft skills, for example persuasiveness, customer orientation and a proactive attitude are of great importance to be able to do your work well.
The External Reporting department is part of the Data and Risk Center (DRC). Within the bank, DRC is the natural partner and sole source of delivery for all Finance & Risk data for internal decision making and regulatory compliance.
Many young, ambitious colleagues work at DRC. There is a lot of work, but there is also a lot of attention for personal development and informal contact with colleagues.
- You have a completed Master in Business Economics, Business Administration or comparable training;
- You have relevant work experience for 0-3 years;
- You are familiar with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- You are eager to learn and quickly gain knowledge of the financial processes within a bank;
- You have experience with Excel;
- You are analytically strong, proactive, independent, customer and result oriented and a real team player;
- You have excellent communication skills in Dutch and English;
- You easily make contact with colleagues and have persuasiveness;
- You are flexible and know how to handle changes.
In addition to the two core competences ‘Working together’ and ‘Focusing on Customer’s interests’, you recognize the following competencies within yourself:
- Independent and substantiated judgments;
- Communication power;
- Initiating improvement;
- Change force.
You can always contact us: email@example.com or 0615174900