Consultant Treasury Public Sector
Get your career off to a flying start!
Are you eager to learn, do you want responsibility at an early stage and do you want to make an impact in the Public Sector? We are looking for new talented colleagues who want to combine their finance expertise with consultancy.
What you can expect
- A spot in the Zanders Talent Program to develop your soft skills and substantive knowledge with your class of new colleagues.
- The chance to establish yourself as an expert in your field of expertise.
- The chance to work with a variety of clients and consultants to quickly acquire new skills.
- An ambitious and entrepreneurial organisation that encourages, motivates and puts its people first.
As a consultant you will be challenged to advise our clients in the Public Sector on for example arranging the financing of a new hospital wing, setting up a new fund with goals towards the energy transition for a province, or taking part in the Treasury Committee at a housing corporation. We currently notice a shift in topics towards more sustainability and environment related topics as well as a shift towards more quantitative assignments. In addition, we also leverage our knowledge with tooling, to smoothen the processes for our clients.
You will be working in our ‘Public Sector’ team, a team of 20 Treasury, Finance and Risk Consultants, with different backgrounds, who have an absolute fascination with numbers. The team works closely together on assignments for different sub-sectors, with a variety of projects in treasury, risk and finance. Within the Public Sector department, you will gain client responsibilities quickly. Already in around 2 years you could be responsible for you own accounts. Our Public Sector team serves its clients in different ways, a large part of which consists of advisory projects; in addition to advisory projects, we have interim projects, in which you work more regularly at the client’s premises. The consultancy projects are generally done in small teams. In that way, we can learn from each other and there is always someone available for the client to know all the ins and outs. We have projects varying from very short (one day) to several years.
Furthermore, as a starting consultant you will be included in our Zanders Talent Program. This program includes substantive training, consultancy skills training and training to obtain or increase your CFA level.
Skills to be successful
- Completed Master’s degree in finance, economics, business administration or related topics.
- A strong interest in numbers and consulting.
- Interest in the Public Sector.
- Good knowledge of Excel.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Ambitious, strategic thinker, team player and flexible to travel.
What we offer in return
At Zanders you will of course enjoy attractive conditions of employment: a good salary, a nice number of holidays, mobility budget and a Zanders bonus scheme. But there is more to look forward to.
Will you be working at Zanders? Then we will offer you:
- A good balance between work and free time in combination with a healthy work from home ethics and wellness policy.
- A brand new office is located next to the Central Station Utrecht and is easily accessible by public transport.
- An ambitious, service-driven work environment where innovation is the key.
- A role with a lot of entrepreneurship, responsibility, autonomy and the possibility to develop yourself further in Treasury, Risk and Finance.
- And on top of it, enthusiastic and helpful colleagues, good coffee, an annual Zanders trip to a (surprise) location in Europe and other social activities!
Who we are
We are a leading international consultancy firm focused on Treasury Management, Risk Management and Corporate Finance. From our locations in the Netherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, United States, South Africa, Germany and Japan our 220+ consultants service Corporates, Financial Institutions, Public Sector entities and NGO’s. We have a strong ambition to further expand our business.
With the recent investment of our strategic partner, MML Capital, Zanders aims to expand its capabilities and teams in existing international markets and enter new markets/segments. We are therefore looking for candidates like you to join that growth.
We believe that developing our people by investing in them and by sharing knowledge and experiences sets us apart from the crowd and is the key to our success. That is why we create an inspiring work environment and foster our open, family atmosphere in which freedom, fun and flexibility play an important role. It is also why we aim to make our next project even more exciting and challenging.